Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What do you wish to read?

Thank you for joining me in this week's Wishcasting Wednesday. If you would like to join in this magical circle of dreamers and doers, please visit Jamie Ridler Studios.

What do you wish to read?


I wish to read amazing books that that fill my heart with lots of love and understanding. Books that spark creativity and inspire growth within. Books that fill my well and make me want to be a better person.

I'll soon be feeding my heart with The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau and then Start Where You Are by Pema Chodron. I'll feed my creative spirit with The Art Journal Workshop by Traci Bunkers.
While you're here I want to catch you up on a few happenings...


I recently entered a local art show which is my very first entry ever. I have another week before I hear back on my entries but I just got off the phone with the lady who's organizing the event. She said she loved my work and can't wait to meet me. She loved my bio and felt the exact same way when she first started. 

Entering was such a huge first step for me in putting myself and my art out into the world. I previously blogged about my life as a "closet" artist (here) because I'm so critical of my work  that I've been so fearful of "exposing" myself. I'm getting braver each day and having met such wonderful and inspiring creative spirits online has really helped me to take these leaps forward. Thank you for your support!

With that said, I'm over the moon right now and can't wait to share my Etsy shop opening with you very, very soon. 

P.S. There will be a giveaway!!!

6 comments:

Sara Rae said...

Congrats on taking your first step! You should be so proud of yourself. That first step is always the scariest, but so often the one that carries us on to things we never could've imagined.

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

Her Speak said...

That first step is HUGE! My heart is so BIG for you! Here's to the adventure!

As Amanda wishes for herself, so I wish also.~*

Much Joy,
Molly

Tia Tuenge said...

Hi Amanda, you will love The Art of Non-Conformity, I'm 3/4s of the way through and throughly enjoying it. Have you ever checked out Danielle LaPorts blog WhiteHotTruth? I think you would find her very inspiring too. As you wish for yourself I too wish for you. Have a great day! X)

Tia Tuenge said...

Yey! to entering your art for a show. I will be sending you loving, positive energy! I love your work too. XO

Beverley Baird said...

How exciting is that! may all your wishes be fulfilled!
As Amanda wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Amanda St.Clair said...

Thanks everyone for your support and wishes!