Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Hello my sweets! I didn't mean to ignore you this week as I've been out of town with my day job. Thank you for all your day wishes last Saturday! I had a wonderful day with my loved ones and was surprised with this beautiful and delicious cake.


I spent the week in Virginia which is near and dear to my heart since I was stationed there with the US Navy for 3 1/2 years. Unfortunately I was in Stafford/Fredericksburg, although a nice area, but my old stomping grounds was Virginia Beach in which I didn't have time to visit. The weather was super temperamental with a sunny sky one minute and thunderstorms and hail the next.


That picture was taken on the patio outside the indoor pool of the hotel. We were enjoying an evening swim when it started. I endured several blows by the hail to get that picture. LOL. I got back midday today and have been catching up on laundry and yardwork. I really need a lawn caretaker. Oh and a cook too. Laundry skills would help. Apply here! LOL.

I'm off to veg out and watch The King's Speech. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

XOXO,

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Crazy weather indeed!! It's been an odd spring in so many ways.

That cake looks delicious...and too pretty to cut into!