Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and took time to honor the US military men and women who lost their lives fighting for our freedom. 

I thoroughly enjoyed my escape for the long weekend albeit lacking in the relaxing part! I was able to partake in much hiking, kayaking, swimming, and snorkeling during my camping trip to my most favorite state park in the area, St. Joseph State Park. The Gulf of Mexico offers up some of the most beautiful sugary, white sandy beaches I have ever seen and I am so thrilled to live in such close proximity to the beach. 


I love observing sea creatures although I didn't take the time to snap many shots. I did get a picture of these horseshoe crabs. My most favorite find are stingrays. Love them! 


We were also able to stop by the Cape San Blas Lighthouse which is owned by the US Air Force and has been moved inward and restored due to hurricane damage. I love seeing local history!


What about your weekend?

No comments: