Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Note To You - Learn to forgive

image credit
I came across a quote many years ago from Stormie Omartian that I hold dear to my heart when it comes to forgiveness, “Forgiveness doesn’t make the other person right, it makes you free.” Sweetness, this is so, so very true. Holding on to those hurt feelings or those angry words only causing YOU harm. Don’t do that to yourself! You don’t have to agree with the other person’s words or actions but in order to let go of it and stop causing yourself grief – you have to forgive. The sorrow and heartache you’re carrying with you is not yours. Don’t own that hurt! Forgive and let it go. Lighten your load and set yourself free, my dear.


1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I think you're right in one way. But I have learnt that it's also very important to let all the feelings such as anger come up so you really feel them before you forgive. Sometimes you first have to realize, that it's not you to be angry with but the other person.
And then let it go and forgive. <3