Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a great (long) weekend!

Here's what I'm currently working on:

a new lovely lady


what will soon be a wreath made with coffee-dyed paper plates


There's about 50 of these in my kitchen. They kind of look like a bunch of tortillas. LOL.

What I finished:

a fabric bird mobile based on this tutorial from The Red Thread



Instead of tying my fabric I cut it into strips and dipped them into Collage Pauge and wrapped around the embroidery hoops. It was messy but messy is fun! I purchased the bird form and foam heart shapes from Michaels and decopauged them with the fabric. Stringing them was a bit tricky. Might have been easier to string it before I decopauged it. :-)

Well, this is my short post on a long weekend!

XOXO,



P.S.
Here's a couple of my girls at my local fair. I received a merit award for one of them. Go me!

1 comment:

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

Congrats on the recognition at the art fair!! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to see your lovely lady with the tortilla hair (hee hee)!