Thursday, November 3, 2011

AEDM - Day 3

Welcome back for Day 3 of Art Every Day Month!
Day 1 & Day 2


When I went to The Creative Connection back in September, I was blessed with the opportunity to take a class with Jenny and Aaron from Everyday is a Holiday (TCC Day 2). I had such a wonderful time in their Hooray for Cake class and made this sweet canvas:


Jenny and Aaron had a booth at the market place during TCC where I picked up some of their art journal elements. Today's art project is using the lovely Allie & Amy element sheet in my art journal.



I created a 2-page spread by coating my pages with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Spun Sugar. I colored in the black and white stickers (color sheets are now available in their shop) with a 3-color combo of Copic markers and Faber-Castell Pitt artist pens. I cut out each item, placed on the page, and add a few doodles.






Suddenly, I have a craving for cupcakes for some reason! See you back here tomorrow.

Hugs,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Amanda! How fun!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Such adorableness here!

I checked out the distress stain. I need to get some of that! It might add an extra dimension to my project.

I am so grateful for the artists I am meeting through Art Every Day Month. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

Excellent pages! Your Coconut Cake was one of my favorite pieces of art at TCC. I still think of it!

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

Ahh Amanda!! Gosh these pages are SO much FUN! LOVE your lettering and doodles! :)

It was so GREAT meeting you at TCC! We had so much fun teaching, and meeting so many like minded artsy souls! (such as yourself!) :)

Thanks so so much for such an awesome shout out! :)

LOVE your journal!
xoxo Jenny....and Aaron