Monday, January 16, 2012

What I've been up to. . .

I watched a sunset at the marina (and sailboats in the distance):



Got a haircut:


Took a couple more art classes. The first one I really like based on Monet's Poppy Fields:


And an abstract cross that I don't like that much. I think I'll work on it a little more:


Reworked an area in my living room:



The painting on the left is a custom piece by the talented Jodi Ohl called Serendipity:


The cross I had been eyeing for a while at Hobby Lobby and finally purchased at 1/2 price:


The top right was one I did for Art Every Day Month back in November, Love with all your heart. I didn't plan on adding it to this arrangement but something was missing and it fit the bill.


The bottom painting is one I just finished called Always. It's the largest canvas I've done so far (16x20) and inspired by this wooden sign art. Here's my beginning sketch:






Speaking on Jodi, I'm working on her online faux encaustic class. Here's a sneak peek as they're not complete yet:


And lastly, I'm really enjoying Body Restoration from Brave Girls Club. I'd really encourage anyone who struggles with their body image (I think that may be everyone!) to sign up for this class. Whether you have weight you want to lose or just want to integrate a few healthier habits in your life - this class is for you! Here's a peek in my body book:


I hope your week is off to a great start!

Hugs,

1 comment:

Eydie Kugler said...

I wrote too soon. So, we are Brave Girls. So glad to be on this journey with you.
hugs,
Eydie