Saturday, March 31, 2012

For the love of banners

I saw this sweet Tulip Banner Tutorial on Donna Downey's blog and fell in love. I purchased the kit and here's my finished banner:




It came with five canvas banners which I used all for this project. Here are the quotes I used:


Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.  ~John Harrigan
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.  ~Anais Nin
Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.  ~Henry Ward Beecher
There is no glory in star or blossom till looked upon by a loving eye; There is no fragrance in April breezes till breathed with joy as they wander by.  ~William C. Bryant

Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet.  ~Katharine Lee Bates

Speaking of banners, I purchased these one recently from Jellybean Studio for my bedroom and finally switched out the candles for matching ones from Hobby Lobby. The before is here.


I've been crafting up a storm this weekend. I'll be back tomorrow with all the completed goodies.

Hugs,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I fell in love with the Donna Downey tutorial too! I love how yours turned out!