Sunday, April 1, 2012

What I've been up to. . .

I had a lot of fun this weekend working on a few fun items in my art journal. This one was inspired by a gorgeous painting from Donna Downey. I used modeling paste in a flower stencil and then painted with Koi watercolors.


For this one I used Christy Tomlinson's She Leaped stamp and She Art Doodles stamp from her Unity line and painted with Koi watercolors. Next time I'll add details to her face and give her feet and arms in a mixed media piece but for this one I wanted a sweet and simple watercolor page.


This is a happy little page using various stamps, scrapbook paper, rub-on's, and acrylic paint.


This is an Easter inspired page using Caran d'Ache Neocolor crayons for the background and for the cross I drew my shape, cut it out, and lined with washi tape.


Not a good image of a few tags I made mostly by embossing and used Pan Pastels on the bottom tag. I used stamps from Melody Ross' line with Unity for the bottom tag and the "everything matters" stamp on the middle tag.


This vintage-looking page was inspired by a technique Christy Tomlinson used in a video on her blog using her She Art Vintage Doily Mask along with modeling paste mixed with paint (I used soy paint for these) on top of sewing pattern paper.


I'll share more in a few days. I hope you had an artful weekend!

1 comment:

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

WOW! Love the flowers and the doileys especially! All of it is stunning!