Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Never Let You Go

image credit
I’m a romantic at heart. Candlelit dinners and strolls on the beach – all the cheesiness romantic stories are made of. Even after several heartbreaks I’ve never completely given up. I hang on to hope that my other half awaits me someday. He may not gallop in on white horse and he may not be a knight in shining armor but I still believe he exists.

There have been times that my hope has wavered. Times that I questioned whether I deserved a soul mate. Times when I questioned God’s timing. But I still cling to hope. Yes, cling – for dear life to that hope. Afraid of what might happen if I completely lose my grip.

The times we seem to question it the most is right after a breakup. Why does this keep happening? Why can’t I find my soul mate? Does he even exist? I thought so-and-so was the one, why?

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.  ~Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn may not have been a philosopher but there is so much wisdom in this quote. How can we ever make room for the good things if we’re holding on to the bad things? How can your heart be open for Mr. Oh-so-right if you’re still carrying the baggage of Mr. Oh-heck-no?

Drop that baggage, girl! Let him walk out and walk away. If he was the right one, he’d hold on tight and never let you go. That’s the one we’ve been waiting for. The one who knows we are worth holding on to.

You are.

I am too.

2 comments:

Cindi said...

He will appear when you least expect it, and is probably under your nose already (not literally I hope).
Hugs.

Amanda St.Clair said...

LOL. I just had nasal surgery so if he was anywhere near my nose he may have been extracted! :-)
You're right though...when the timing is right.