Monday, June 11, 2012

Being the change

image credit
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. ~Mahatma Gandhi

This is one of my favorite quotes but sometimes it seems so overwhelming. How can I bring change to the world? The answer is simple, really. I am “being the change” just by being in the world, being myself.

By acting in accordance to my beliefs and values.

By being the best version of myself – a better mother, friend, neighbor, and community member. By opening my heart to those around me and opening it up to things that I don’t understand.

By trying to understand instead of being fearful. We tend to fear what we do not understand.

By lending an ear. You don’t have to agree with their point of view but that person, just like everyone else, just wants to be listened to. They want to be heard and for their voice to matter. By being a part of the world not of the world.

By respecting myself and respecting others.

By practicing the values I hold dear. Practicing, not just preaching.

By celebrating expressions of love.

By promoting peace.

By being aware and mindful.

By being full of passion.

You are making a change by simply being you. Just as you are, right where you are.

Hugs,

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

You bring good change to the world, Amanda, with your kind and loving heart.
Light and love to you !