Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beautiful by Design


I never like when a great deal of emphasis is placed on beauty. I guess that’s because I never thought of myself as beautiful, at least not on the outside. I can look at art and the magnificent creations in the world as beautiful. I can look at others and notice their beautiful features but never myself.

The more I read (Captivating) and the more I consider my own traits I’m coming to the realization that I have more beauty than I imagined. I know I have a kind, loving heart and I know that I’m receptive to the feelings of others and maybe, just maybe, there’s more to me than my internal glow.

It’s amazing when we think about how our body works – our heart knows to beat, our organs know how to function autonomously, and breathing is second nature. We are amazing, exquisite creatures! We think, we feel, we laugh, and we cry. Blood systematically flows through our bodies and our brain, arms, and legs work in coordination to move us to and fro. Even if you don’t believe in God, we can agree that we are the most brilliant design of some higher power of some sort.

What’s even more fascinating is that we are all the same yet so very different. I have my own unique DNA, fingerprints, looks, and personality. There is no one else on this earth that has the exact same qualities as me. And you too. You are an exceptional, incomparable, and matchless being for which there is no imitation. You are beautiful beyond compare. Really, no one can be compared to you because there is no one like you. You cannot be replicated.

Beautiful, unique, You.

Beautiful by design. 

Hugs,

No comments: