Friday, October 26, 2012

What I've Been Up To


I finally finished my clay pendants that I shared the before pics here. They've been baked, painted, distressed, glued, and glazed. Not too shabby!


This one was two pieces that I glued together and added some gold highlights.


This is more of a small bowl or paperweight type creation.



Here's the texture on the underside:





I love these roses! I added a touch of gold paint to make the roses pop, I mean bloom.



This is a pendant that I picked up at Michaels and added a clay base and lots of texture.




This is a quote from The House of Night book series.



I love, love, love this little birdie. I decided not to distress/age this one.



This was the very first pendant that I made hence the misshapen square. LOL.




My flower fell apart when I took it off the cookie sheet and had to glue it back together. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet.




This one has a well in it like the pink rose one but I filled this one with Dimensional Magic and a little glitter.





I'm off for the weekend camping with the Florida Trail. Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Great pendants!

Kim Mailhot said...

Fun stuff ! Love the heart that shines though each piece. Funny, but I think I like the misshapen one very much ! ;-)
Hope camping was a thrill!

Stacey Libbert said...

These are great! What kind of glaze did you use? Or did you use a paint after firing? I love the look.

Amanda St.Clair said...

Hi Stacey! I painted them with acrylic paint after they baked and then added a coat of mod podge to protect them. Thanks for stopping by!