Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Soul Art

May 9th was International Soul Art Day with Laura Hollick of Soul Art Studio. I made time this past weekend for my Soul Art Journey. After lighting a candle, setting an intention, and a few sun salutations later; I was centered and ready to get started.


I decided that my hands would be centerpiece and traced each one onto my poster board. I also sketched the word, "Namaste." Next, I sat down with a stack of magazines and begin to pull images and words that I was drawn to. Then I began intuitively placing my images, cutting, and pasting them onto my traced hands and word.


I felt like the background was too plain so I added some watercolor:


Here is my finished piece:












You can read all about my Soul Art Journey in the gallery.

Hugs,


No comments: